Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Leather work

Today I was back talking to the old man about his car. (mentioned in a post last week) He is slowly going down to a reasonable cost  after showing him comparable online cars but not a price that would work for me. I told the old man I would look for anyone else that would be interested in it. I would hate to see the car hauled off to the dump. We were talking about the car and the leather work that it needed done. In the middle of the conversation he said to "wait", and walked off. He came back with two wooden boxes. In them were some old Number and Letter dies. He said I could have them and that he might have others he would be willing to give me! I told him I could not just "Take Them". He said if I continue to help him with his old 1929 car I could keep it all!  Now I really want to get this car running! Granted, I was going to help him regardless, but this was very nice off him. If we get this car sold or running again I just might get the nerve to ask him what else he might be willing to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment